Thursday, December 31, 2015

Grow a pair

Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding.-Betty White

Nevertheless, my theme for the New Year is "Grow Some Balls" (Thanks Courtney!) or "Don't Be Scared". I am standing on the edge of the rest of my life and for the first time in a long time I'm excited! I can look out and see the world sprawled out below waiting for me. 

I'm reading the book Wild right now. If you haven't seen the movie-it is basically the journal of a young woman who hikes the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT) solo- hoping to find answers to life's toughest questions. She is brave and tough but is constantly having to remind herself not to be scared. I feel like that pretty much sums it up. To get ahead, to figure things out, to grow we have to do hard things. We have to push ourselves into the unknown, believe in ourselves but it takes constant work and reassurance. 

So heading into 2016 I am giddy and apprehensive, motivated and stressed. I think this past year I have learned that I can be whatever I want to be. It is never too late. There is nothing to fear but fear itself. (Wow-three in a row.) If you've only been dreaming of the life you want- come with me- this is our year. 





No comments:

Post a Comment